In order to discover which are the most important features for a dishwasher, we did some research on various dishwasher reviews websites. We found some valuable dishwasher buying tips on www.dishwashercritic.com. So, if you want to save water, money and time with the help of the dishwasher, use this dishwasher buyers’ guide to decide which model is the most efficient and which are the things you should look for in a dishwasher.
Dishwasher Buyers' Guide Picture
Depending on the design of your kitchen and your other appliances, choose a dishwasher with a classic or a more sophisticated aspect. Most dishwashers come in regular colors like white, bisque and black or have a stainless steel finish, but there are also manufacturers that offer units with decorative panels that match your kitchen cabinets, This way, you will be able to disguise the dishwasher and make it look like a component of your kitchen furniture. Another important aspect of the exterior design is the display, which can be classic with knobs and buttons or it can be a digital touch-screen display with a more high-tech look.
Dishwasher Buyers' Guide Picture
Once you decide to buy a dishwasher, you should think about which type you need or which one fits your kitchen. The space you have available is an important aspect of the buying process and you should carefully measure the width and height of the space where you want to place the dishwasher. There are several models you can choose from:
- The built-in dishwasher is a full-size unit that fits your kitchen cabinets or it can be a portable unit that you can move around. Most built-in dishwashers have standard sizes, although the European models are a little narrower and you have to call for the help of an electrician to connect the appliance to the electrical circuit.
- Countertop dishwashers are smaller than the regular models and have the advantage that you can place them on your countertop to save space on the floor. These models use less water but also have a smaller washing capacity.
- The in-sink dishwasher is the smallest version and can fit the inside of your sink and when you close the lid it becomes extra counter space.
- Look for washing cycles that offer many possibilities, like a delayed start, a sanitizing cycle for your dishes, a rinse feature without detergent and a quick wash option.
- The noise level is very important and a rating of 45dB or is the most comfortable for any house.
- Removable racks and adjustable shelves offer you freedom in customizing the tub according to your needs. Look for units that have cup shelves, fold-down tines, silverware baskets and stemware holders.
- A tub made of stainless steel is great against stains and odors, slate-colored tubs resist to rust and odors while plastic tubs are durable and less expensive.
- Sensor systems make the dishwasher easy to use because they adjust the washing cycle, they ensure the proper temperature, maintain the necessary level of water during the washing cycle and release as much detergent as needed.
- The energy rating is very important in order to make the dishwasher efficient and economical. Most dishwashers are energy star rated, which means they keep the standards of the Environmental Protection Agency, they use less water and energy and they are environmentally friendly.
As you can see, there are three main steps in choosing a good dishwasher. You must find one which blends in your kitchen design, one with a suitable capacity and with features that can help you save time and money. In order to make the shopping research easier, we advise you to also read some dishwasher reviews. You can find some great reviews on bestdishwasher.reviews. The reviews there underline the main features of the best rated dishwashers.